Little girl. High heels. Big world.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

TT-My apartment

November 8th-

As a 28 yr old single career woman, I have a luxury afforded to few! LITTLE RESPONSIBILITY! Sure I have the every day pressures of my job and of course there are bills to pay, but when I lay my head down at night, I'm sleeping in my adorable 450 square foot apartment. It is decorated to the hilt with things I LOVE, sits in a great Florida Stars Hollow neighborhood, and is almost the best deal on the planet (financially speaking).

Today's TT-I am thankful to have a roof over my head, I'm thankful to have a comfortable and warm space that's the perfect size for little me, and I'm thankful that I'm surrounded with beautiful things.

My camera is in the shop, but here's quick camera phone shot of one of my latest purchases- it's an adorably tiny secretary desk. The size and style is so perfect, it might as well have been made for my apartment. Oh-- and the chair?? It forms into a step ladder! Talk about practical and space saving!



So, all of this "roof over my head" thankfulness gives me the perfect opportunity to introduce you to a project I am personally endorsing and supporting this holiday season. A dear friend, has single-handedly formed a non-profit organization called, "Something I Can Do". My dear, sweet, tiny, friend has printed 5,000 calendars and is determined to sell them all ($15.00 each) in order to build a home for orphans! This is a HUGE undertaking, but with every one's help, I know she will succeed.

What can you do?? Well, I'm posting an message from my friend below. First of all, buy a calendar! Second, please re-post her message on YOUR blog. To keep it from becoming some crazing chain mail thing, feel free to link your post back to this Amazing in Heels post. :-) Thanks for making a difference and happy reading below!

-AIH

Wish you had an incredibly easy way to do something significant and enduring? Well, here's your chance! By simply buying a calendar, you contribute to building a home and creating hope for orphans!

Buy a calendar… Build a home!

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;I will not refuse to do the something I can do.”
-Helen Keller

The number of children in the world that have lost their Mother or father, are parentless, or have been abandoned is in the tens of millions. Chronic disease, bloodshed, horrific natural disasters, severe poverty, famine, unsanitary water sources, restrictive population controls, and societal devaluation of female children, have all contributed to this global tragedy of monumental proportions.

In an effort to intervene, Something I Can Do is raising funds to build a children’s home through World Orphans by selling wall calendars for 2010. The small act of purchasing a calendar may not be monumental in and of itself, but combined with the efforts of others, it can make all the difference in the world in the lives of hundreds, or even thousands, of children who thought they had no hope.
Calendars are available for sale online at http://www.somethingicando.org/.
If you have questions or would like to be involved with this project, please contact Stormy Lavin at 863-529-5273 or via email at stormy.lavin@somethingicando.org.
To learn more about World Orphans, visit http://www.worldorphans.org/.
Thank you for considering being a part of this project, and please spread the word and do the something you can do today!

1 comment:

  1. love the desk girl!! Thanks for the introduction! I will have to go check that out! Hope your having a great day! = )

    ReplyDelete